Photograph by DYLAN SWART http://www.dylanswart.com
Recipe and styling by THULISA MARTINS
This is for all the chocolate lovers out there! They are so easy to make. Use the Berry, Prosecco and cream cookie base recipe and substitute 100g of the cake flour with 100g cocoa powder.
Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients together, place the mixture in a large piping bag, using a large star nozzle. Pipe the mixture on a lined baking tray. What I usually do is to pipe a round biscuit base, place a small chocolate block on top and then pipe the top to close the block inside. This gives a lovely rich chocolate centre. Place the baking tray in the fridge for 30 minutes and then bake the cookies for 10 minutes at a preheated 180 degrees Celsius oven. Once they come out of the oven, coat them with good quality chocolate. I like Valrhona or Lindt, anyone you like will do.
Tips on baking cookies:
– do not over mix your dough to ensure a perfect texture
– make sure that the dough stays as cold as possible
– do not over bake the cookies, I usually take them out while they are still a little soft in the middle
– the dough usually can be made in advance and frozen.
– the Berry, Proscecco and cream cookie base can be used for many other variations. For my colleagues this Christmas, I brushed them with 1 beaten egg just before baking and sprinkled with cranberries and pistachio nuts. So let your imagination flow!