Yummy! Coconut ice cream with Lace pancakes
For the ice cream
200 ml double cream
200 ml coconut milk
5 ml vanilla extract
3 large free-range egg yolks
150g coconut sugar
320g fresh mango, peeled pitted and cubed
For the lace Pancakes
350g wheat flour sifted
pinch of salt
2 large egg yolks
180 ml full cream milk
Spray and cook
Sprinkles of your choice
Melted milk chocolate, optional
- Place the sugar, milk and cream in a double boiler and heat while stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Blend the egg yolks until light and fluffy. Blend the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture for 2 minutes. Place the mixture back into the double boiler and stir using a wooden spoon until a runny custard consistency, about 15 minutes. Take care not to overheat the mixture, otherwise it will scramble.
- Churn the ice cream for 30 minutes in the BELLA ice cream maker until thick. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours. If you are using a different Ice cream maker, then follow the manufacturer’s instructions to churn the ice cream.
- To make the pancake, whisk together all the ingredients, place in a bowl, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Take out of the fridge and place in a piping bag with a very small nozzle so that the mixture comes out thinly when frying.
- Heat a large non-stick pan after spraying it with cooking spray over medium heat, working quickly, pipe lace shapes on the pan. Fry for about 1 minute and then turn over using an egg lifter, fry for another minute until cooked. Place on a plate and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve the ice cream and lace pancakes with sprinkles and pomegranate rubies.