Recipe by Thulisa Martins
Photographs by Farayi Kambarami
This recipe can be made for a loved one or simply yourself, your family and friend. It is super easy to make!
Chorizo Kale and egg pan
120g chorizo, sliced
145g Tomato and Basil Pasta sauce of your choice
1 bunch fresh Kale, washed and chopped into big chunks
2- 4 medium eggs
Fresh sprigs of thyme
Salt and pepper to season (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and fry the chorizo sausage for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and add pasta sauce and kale in the same saucepan. Cook for about 5-8 minute. Break the egg on top of the mixture and add the chorizo back in.
- Bake in the oven until the eggs are done to your likeness – I cook mine for two minutes, you can cook them longer for a firm egg. Sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Enjoy with a warm crusty bread.