Recipe & Food Styling by Thulisa Martins sponsored by africanchic…
Photography by Farayi Kambarami
The Long awaited ice cream recipe is finally here – enjoy my reader…try it, its super easy to make.
4 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled (preferably Hass avos)
385g (about 1 tin) sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
250ml whipping cream
30g pistachio nuts, shelled toasted and chopped
For the chocolate sauce
100g 70% dark chocolate broken into pieces
40g caster sugar
250ml tub double thick cream
30ml hot water
75ml Amarula (optional)
Small handful toasted and chopped pistachio
- Put the avocado, condensed milk and lemon juice in a stand alone blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds and stir in the nuts. Place aside in a large bowl.
- Clean the blender bowl and whip the cream in the blender until firm peaks form. Fold the cream into the avocado mixture until misted through.
- Pour into a loaf pan, and place in the freezer until firm, 6 hours or overnight.
- To make the sauce, place the chocolate, sugar, cream and water into a saucepan and heat over low heat. Stir until the chocolate and sugar have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Amarula, serve warm or cold over the ice cream with chopped nuts and slices of avocado.