All content by Thulisa Martins.
All I can say about this cheese cake is that you have to try it.!.. its creamy and delicate and the nutty pistachios compliment it so well. The raspberries just add that lovely tart berry flavour to complete it, mouth watering stuff. It was great to develop this recipe. I love to play in the kitchen trying out new things and this one was worth it. I loved taking the pictures of this lovely beauty.
For the crust
160g coconut biscuits, crushed
60g butter, melted
For the filling:
10g hemp powder
1 medium sized avocado, peeled and pip removed
250g medium fat cream cheese
250g full cream plain cottage cheese, smooth
80g castor sugar
250ml double thick cream
Small handful pistachio nuts
Small handful raspberries
- Grease a 20 cm pan/ serving dish.
- Mix together the biscuits and melted butter and press onto the bottom of the dish. Chill while preparing the filling.
- To make the filling blend together the hemp, avocado, both cheese’s and sugar until smooth on a free standing blender, about 3 minutes. Add the double cream and blend for another 1 minutes until mixed through.
- Spread the filling mixture over the biscuit crust and smooth the surface using a flat knife. Refrigerate to chill for at least two hours. This can be chilled overnight to take out the stress of prepping too much on the day.
- Just before serving toast the pistachio nuts, cool and sprinkle over the cheese cake. Top with fresh raspberries, dust with more hemp powder and serve.
- tip…you can use some of the pistachio’s chopped into the filling. I just like mine smooth.